- First man has to pressure puck carrier
- Force the puck to the puck to be moved to boards.
- Pressuring the puck carrier, pass and lose puck
- Hold the defensive blue line
2. Defensive zone face off, Ireland forward fails to put body in shooting lane.
3. Ireland had four power plays face offs in the offensive zone, lost the draws and failed to pressure the loose puck.
Ireland Fails to Play Man-You-Goal: (IRE-LUX)
- Always Play Man You Goal in all Three Zones
- Only Have One Man on Boards, Others Players Off Boards
Defensive Zone Face Off - Mental Mistake Ireland
Responsibilities Defensive Zone Face Off (Ireland)
- Center on Center
- Defense on Wings & Stay with Your Man
- Wing in Middle, Stops for Loose Puck or Goes Out to Point.
- Wing on Out Side Goes Out to Point
Related Videos & Teaching Points:
"When you win nothing hurts."
"When you lose everything hurts."