- Always get shot on goal when in middle lane
- Make the easy pass; Shoot on Hard Pass
Defensive Mistakes Luxembourg: (Bad Defensive Balance)
- Outnumbered on boards
- All 5 players on one side of ice
- 4 players on the boards
- Defense gives up blue line (Bad Gap)
PRK outnumbers Luxembourg by getting two guys on puck.
Five Luxembourg players are on one side of ice.
- Always Stop Set-UP (Korea reads loose puck and pressures up)
- Always out number the opposition - PRK does great job outnumbering to get puck.
- Read the loose puck
- Read the space and cross to middle lane
- Crossing player must stay disciplined not to go off sides
- Player with the puck, must get puck into shooting position
- Cross - Man without the puck crosses in front of puck carrier
- The cross create space and defender back up into zone
- The puck carrier has the puck in T.O.P. Position
- Three Offensive Play - The player can shoot, pass or fake.
- Always go to the net for rebound - Stop at net!
Related Videos & Teaching Points:
Five Tips To Improve Your Focus and Perform Better:
1. Realize your thoughts are not necessarily reality.
- Do not listen to negative talk
- Shut off the negative self talk by talking to yourself positively
- Be proactive with your self talk and negative thoughts will disappear
- Focus on a happy time
2. Write down your most important goals 3-5X each day.
3. Think about something you are grateful for in your life.
- Releases negative thoughts
- Gratitude heightens alertness, enthusiasm, determination, optimism, and energy
- Gratitude allows athletes greater progress toward achieving personal goals with less stress
4. Take time to breathe deeply.
- The higher the pressure, the deeper your breathing should be
- Deep breathing is marked by expansion of the abdomen rather than the chest
5. Stay in the present physically and mentally.
- Present a strong physiology
- Visualize or think about a time you played very successful
Sports is not like a light switch, you have to be on all the time, if you want to win. - Carl Lewis