Defensive Zone Face Off Positioning:
Tactics: 3 v 1
- Attack the Defender
- The space
- Read the stick - Pass before you are within stick length of the defender.
- The puck carrier must attack the defender 1 V 1
- The puck carrier must make the defender commit
- The man without puck must level off outside the reach of stick (3M Rule
- The man without the puck goes behind the defender, he can not receive the pass
- Have the the puck in T.O.P Position (Shoot, Pass or Fake)
- Shoot on hard pass, make the easy pass
Related Videos & Teaching Points:
Sports Psychology Tips:
Are you as good as the Olympic athletes performing today? Most likely, not yet! But you can have a better attitude and work ethic. If you want to be the best, it starts with a great attitude and work ethic. You are 100% in control of your attitude and work ethic. Everyday you should be striving to have a great attitude. Everyday you should working harder and and harder. I guarantee you, if you do these two things; Your game will improve, the right people will notice and door will open for you.