1. Good Defense Starts with Proper Body Position and Stance.
-Skates Shoulder width apart
2. The Low Man Always Wins On Defense
3. Be disciplined and take a curved approach when pressuring.
4. Stick out in front of you.
5. Force the Player where you want him to go.
-Force to space on ice
-Force to backhand
6. Play the Body, Stick and Puck in that order.
Curved Skating 1 v 1 Side Game:
- The goal is positioned on side boards in middle ice.
- Group 1 is lined up on goal line. Group 1 is the offensive players.
- Group 2 is line up on other side of rink at goal line. Group two is the defensive players.
- On "whistle," #2 skate forward to goal crease and passes to Player # 1.
- Player #1 is on offense and attempts to score a goal.
- Player #2 follows the path of the goal line and forces the puck carrier to middle ice.
- Player two executes curve skating technique and plays 1 v 1.
- Do not allow the defenders to skating backwards.
- When the drills finish players change groups.
- The drill ends on "whistle.