1. Defenders must maintain good offensive and defensive gap.
2. Maintain gap of 2 sticks through center ice.
3. Maintain gap of 1 stick at blue line.
4. On even situations pressure up on puck carrier.
Tactical Mistakes by Baskent:
- Baskent Defender is two zones away from the puck
- Baskent is only attacking with four players
- Baskent defenders are giving away free ice
- Baskent fails to maintain good gap control on puck carrier
Related Videos & Teaching Points:
Four Mistakes Made by Turkey on Defensive Rush 2011 IIHF WC:
- Turkey defenders backing up, giving away ice
- No free shots
- Forwards, not backchecking
- Goaltender needs to come out to top of crease