Principles: Power Play
- Control Breakout and Sure Entry
- Control Skate, Communication & Accelerate
- Control Breakout
- Fill all three lanes
- Move the puck to the fastest skater
Related Videos & Teaching Points:
Three Essential Playing Rules for Good Defensive Tactics:
- Never have three players on boards
- Always face the play
- If your not pressuring the puck, protect middle ice
- Always clear the puck to the corner
- Always pressure on lose pucks and clears
Two Playing Rules:
- Pressure the puck carrier when on backhand
- Defensive players need to stop in passing lanes
"If you get to the point where someone is telling you that you are not great or not good enough, just follow your heart and don't let anybody crush your dream."
- Patti LaBelle
"It's imperative to follow your heart and choose a profession you're passionate about, and if you haven't found that "spark" yet, if you're not sure what you want to do with your lives -
be persistent until you do."
- Steve Kerr
Let your players know when you are wrong. You can't always put the blame on the players. Good coaches admit their mistakes and move forward.