Sunday, January 20, 2013

Once A Training Day is Lost; It Lost For Ever



Keith McAdams Coaching Tips: Sports Psychology Tips


"Continuous effort -- not strength or intelligence -- is the key to unlocking our potential."
-Liane Cardes



"If you train hard, you'll not only be hard, you'll be hard to beat."
-Herschel Walker

"I always believe in going hard at everything, whether it is Latin or mathematics, boxing or football, but at the same time I want to keep the sense of proportion. It is never worth while to absolutely exhaust one's self or to take big chances unless for an adequate object. I want you to keep in training the faculties which would make you, if the need arose, able to put your last ounce of pluck and strength into a contest. But I do not want you to squander these qualities."
-Theodore Roosevelt, Theodore Roosevelt’s Letters to His Children (1919)



"The most challenging aspect of the decathlon is not the events themselves, but how you train to become the best 100-meter runner you are on the same day that you're the best 1,500-meter runner."
-Bruce Jenner


"There are no short cuts to any place worth going."
-Beverly Sills


"The more I train, the more I realize I have more speed in me."

-Leroy Burrell



No comments:

Post a Comment