Make Sure Your Team Masters Communication
- See the puck
- Move to see the puck
- Two way communication
- Make eye contact with passer and receiver
- Make sure your goalie talking and giving instructions
- Make sure your teams is using forehand and back hand equally
- Practice saucer pass
- Learn to us pass and shooting fakes
Reading the Space
- Minimum - 1 stick
- Medium - 2 Sticks or more
- No Space - Less than 1 stick
- The Numbers - how many players in area
- Read the reach of the defender
- Pass to Stick, Space or Boards
- 1 Touch, 2 Touch, 3 Touch or 1 Time Pass
- Cycle, Cross or No Space Plays
- When to transition Skate or Post Up
- When to not to pass (Make them take it from you! )
- Know when to change lanes
- Move with a purpose
- Head man the puck.
- Move the puck quickly.
- Pass as defender turns.
- Lead the passer.
- Use boards as 6th man.
- Move the puck to fastest skater.
- Make the easy pass; shoot on hard pass.
- Move to see the puck.
See, Speak and Feel Each Pass.
Sports Psychology: Create a Road Map for Success
- Players need to know where they are going
- Player need to know the how to get there
- Use visual aids to show the steps
- Identify each step along the way, that must be accomplished
- Identify the big goals
- The bigger the goal the more commitment and motivation is needed
- Identify the performance goals that must be achieved
- Talk about the obstacles that need to be overcome
- Have a players write down their goals
- Understand the map changes year to year