Monday, February 24, 2014

How to Make it to the Olympics









1. Purpose and Drive
Olympians have purpose for everything they do. There is internal drive that pushes and pulls them forward.
2. Number the Days Olympians plan their days four years in advance. They value each and every day. Olympians realize everyday counts. You're either moving towards winning or losing a medal everyday. Olympians don’t let the precious moments pass them by.


3. Excuses are for Losers
Olympians understand; excuses open the door for failure. Olympians focus on getting the job done and refuse to entertain reasons why they can't accomplish something.


4. Give More and More Olympians understand success happens because of effort. It's impossible to succeed without giving more and more of yourself to the mission. Olympians focus their effort with laser precision towards achieving their performance goals.

5. Overcome Disappointment and Frustration Olympians have learned to put disappointment behind them. They have learned from losses and move forward. Olympians understand there will be frustrating situations and people. They always keep pushing forward despite disappointment and frustration. Olympians do not let little things to creep in and steal their training time. When something doesn't go their way, or critics put them down; they find away to get up and continue to pursue their goals. 6. Compete to Win Olympians show up everyday and compete. They strive to improve a small percentage daily. They train when others will not! They do one more rep; one more mile or take one more shot than the competition.

Dan Gable Is known as one of the greatest competitors in sports.

''When I get tired and I want to stop, I’d wonder what my next opponent was doing. I’d wonder if he was still working out. I tried to visualize him. When I could see him working, I’d start pushing myself. When I could see him quit, I’d push myself harder.'' -Dan Gable Olympic gold medalist wrestling

Power Thought:
“Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.”(Psalm 90:12, NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment