For the Elite Athlete it is 80 Percent Diet; 20% Diet:
40 Meter Test
Off Ice Hockey Training: Plate Push
The "plate push" is a great off ice leg exercise and conditioning drill for ice hockey. The player get down in an all 4’s position (on their feet and hands), push the plate as fast as they can the length of the court and back.
- Basketball Court
- 5 x 25 pound weight lifting plates
- 5 Large bath towels
- Create 5 groups of 5 players.
- The players are in an all 4’s position.
- On "whistle, The players push the 25 pound plate and race the length of the court and back.
- Rest and repeat 3 times.
- Take a 25 pound plate and wrap in a bath towel
- Make sure it is it tightly wrapped so not to scratch the gym floor
If you like this post please "Plus1" and "share" with others. Visit us at http://www.facebook.com/KeithMcAdamsCoachingTips for more ideas to contribute to your success!